It's rare that we care about few of the important things while choosing an electrician for our electrical fitting, repair or maintenance services that sometimes leads to continuous engagement of different electricians & overall expenses. Here we will discuss about the top 5 things to look for when choosing an electrician.
1. Certifications, Qualification & Experience: There is a difference between an Engineer and a person who earn knowledge through various of assignments. A person specialized & skilled in his / her field is much more aware about the pros & cons, whereas an inexperienced, unqualified can only make assumptions that may or may not result into expected results.Not all electricians are the same, many will have extra qualifications or experience in different areas of electrical work, and some may even have accreditation. Choosing a Master Electric gives a guarantee that the electrician has at least 3 years experience and must offer a 12 month warranty on workmanship. Using a Master Electrician will ensure you receive the highest standard of workmanship and electrical safety.
2. License and Insurance: An electrician with proper license are well-trained, aware about that job safety, restriction of their jobs & most important they have got in-depth knowledge of their expertise. There are electricians who are licensed to do electrical works in residential apartment & they are not supposed to carry out any electrical work in commercial or industrial buildings. Before hiring an electrician we must also check with them about their insurance policies.
3. Value for Money: It's better to make a proper checklist of the work desired, materials we need to accomplish the job & what's the best deal the electrician is offering. Making a selection based on some preliminary task & quotes may result into several more improvements in the quoted job & will also increase the budget. So get a quote from the electrician first based on “affordability, quantity & quality of the task”.
4. Behavior & Attitude: A fair communication, behavior & attitude between both, the service seeker & the service provider also ends up with good results. But we are humans, we are unexpected & unpredictable, It may be possible the person we are hiring for our services may or may not be of good behavior & attitude. There are a few of the things which can help us to understand them better. Are they committed to their quotes? Did they inform about changes in schedules or delays if occur? Are they comfortable in understanding you & your desired work? You need to be confident that you understand each other so that there are no miscommunications during the project. A professional appearance and attitude is usually reflected in the quality of the workmanship provided.
5. References: A recommendation from someone whose opinion you trust can be invaluable when choosing any type of tradesman or service. Knowing that they have had a positive experience with an electrician, and have been happy with the level of service and workmanship is a good endorsement. If you can not get a recommendation then ask the electrician if they have any references. If possible, call and speak to the referee to make sure that they are legitimate.